Katy Perry made front cover of Elle ready for September’s issue and I just love her make-up, nails and hair in the front cover! In fact it’s made me want to re-create a look as soon as possible! The Elle cover is something of a combination of the two looks- long, super straight version of the purple and black hair she's been rocking lately and a beautiful bubblegum pink dress and those yin-yang nails have caught my eye inspiring me to create nails today so you all can re-create the look on a budget.
Get the look:
1) Use nail polish remover to prepare the nails, it degreases them and allows polish to be much longer on your nails.
2) Coat all your finger nails in with ‘All Nude’ - £1 white polish. Wait 1-2 minutes till the polish gets dry.
3) Draw the Yin sign with shade 2-£1 black polish from another side of the nail. Wait 1-2 minutes till the polish gets dry.
4) Crisp the border between Yin and Yang with shade 5 black liquid eyeliner-£1 . Wait 1-2 minutes till the polish gets dry.
5) Draw a black circle with shade 2 nail varnish-£1 on the Yang side and a white circle with All Nude nail varnish-£1 on the Yin side with black and white with a thin art brush.
6) Let nails dry for 2-3 minutes.
7) Finish with top coat.
I hope you get creative with MUA nail varnishes!